1. Colds/Flu = Tylenol (aches & pain), Sudafed (Congestion-after 13 weeks), Robitussin (coughing), Cloraseptic/Cepacol lozenges (sore thorat).
2. Allergies = Benadryl
3. Constipation = Konsyl Easy Mix (stool softener & natural laxative), Milk of Magnesia (to make it go), Colace if (hard-lke little rocks, takes 2 a week to work)
4. Diarrhea = Kaopectate, BRAT diet – bananas, rice, applesauce, tea or toast
5. Nausea & Vomitting = Emetrol, over the counter syrupy stuff to settle stomach
6. Heartburn/Gas = Mylanta, maalox
7. Headaches = Tylenol (or extra trength), 2 tabs every 4 hrs. JANGAN minum ASPIRIN atau ADVIL.
8. Hemorrhoids = Konsyl East Mix – sehari satu, Preparation H or Anusol
9. Nose Bleeds or gum bleeding = Common in pregnancy
10. Leg cramp – especially in both legs = Oscal 500 or similar over the counter calcium, twice a day
11. Dental = See dentist, have x-rays with abdominal shield, Get “novocaine”, some antibiotics and some pain pills.
Come in to see doctor if: worried, getting worse, not improved.
Scott G Williams, M.D.
Board Certified Fellow American College OB/GYN